I'm not one to get discouraged easily, but building this motorcycle has tested my patience and determination. My motor build started as a projected 3 week project and is now creeping up on the 7th week. Engine paint took 1 more week than expected, but I have been battling with the guys @ Rev Performance to get the correct pistons for about 5 weeks now. They finally butterfly cut my pistons and I hope to get my motor fully assembled with no more delays this weekend.
Aside from my heartache I did get back on top of the aesthetics this week. The steering stops got flap disced, hand filed, and sanded to remove the steering stops and I also got the throttle and mirror turned down on the lather to work with my Keystones.
The bars will be getting cut down by two inches on either side and prepped for mirror and throttle install this weekend as well. Look for a much happier Mike D. after this weekend.